There are many reasons why Game of Thrones is very popular. The characters who died played very different roles in this series, and the killing of some of them was a huge surprise. Viewers of the production have already become accustomed to the fact that they can not attach too much to their favorite characters. Moreover, as research has shown – the probability of surviving even an hour in the show is only 0.86%.
Eddard Stark – First Hero
A viewer who decided to start his Game of Thrones adventure with the show, probably after 9. episode 1. of the season, they played their eyes in amazement. After the first episodes, it would seem that Eddard Stark will be the leading character of all the events that were to take place in Westeros. From the beginning, the producers wanted to see how ruthless the game was to Game of Thrones. The heroes who died are just a confirmation of this claim, and fans got a solid portion of strong impressions as Illyn Payne cheese cuts Eddard Stark’s head.
Slightly different viewers received the death of Joffrey Baratheon, who was in fact a bubble from Cersei Lannister’s incest relationship with her brother – cheese Jaime Lannister. After Robert Baratheon’s death, power passed to his alleged son Joffrey. Inheriting character from his mother and being just a spoiled child, he made many decisions that made her the most hated character in Game of Thrones up to a point. Joffrey was poisoned during his wedding by Olenna Tyrell.
Game of Thrones and the heroes who died
The above juxtaposition is incomplete – as research shows, as many characters died in the show as green mountain inhabits. Many of them played a significant role, and their death only shows how bloody The Game of Thrones is. The characters who died during the events belonged to two groups – characters who died so far in the books and characters that are no longer in the show.
Who died on the show?
- Robb Stark – murdered during the wedding of Edmure Tully during the so-called. Blood Gods,
- Catelyn Stark is the wife of Eddard Stark. She died during the Blood Gods,
- Rickon Stark – murdered by Ramsey Bolton during the Battle of the Drums,
- Jon Snow – pre-murdered by his brothers from the Night Guard, but then resurrected by Melisandre,
- Ramsey Bolton – bitten by dogs, which was put on him by Sansa Stark,
- Roose Bolton – murdered by his own son, Ramsey Bolton,
- Tywin Lannister – murdered by his son, Tyrion Lannister.
- Khal Drogo – died as a result of infection of the body,
- Walder Frey – murdered by Arya Stark in revenge for the death of his brother,
- Greyjoy balloon – murdered by his brother Euron,
- Viserys Targaryen – died as a result of an outpouring of molten gold on his head. The order was issued by Khala Drogo,
- Stannis Baratheon – died at the hands of Brienne of Tarthu,
- Shireen Baratheon – Stannis’ daughter, burned at the pile at the behest of her father,
- Robert Baratheon – died during the hunt for wild boar, which turned out to be the result of the intrigue of his wife Cersei Lannister,
- Myrcella Baratheon is the daughter of Robert and Cersei, poisoned by Elia Sand.
- Tommen Baratheon – son of Robert and Cersei, committed suicide on the news of the death of his beloved – Margeary Tyrell,
- Renly Baratheon – murdered by a shadow born of the magic of blood at the initiative of Stannis Baratheon,
- Margeary Tyrell – in the series dies as a result of the explosion of the Great Septu,
- Olenna Tyrell – she poisoned herself with poison, which was handed to her by Jaime Lannister after the capture of Wysogrod,
- Hodor – killed by the undead while escaping from the Cave of the Triokia Crows,
- Petyr Baelish – died after the court in Winterfell, the punishment was imposed by Arya Stark,
- Doran Martell – killed him Elia Sand, widow of Oberynie Martellu,
- Oberyn Martell – died during a fight with Gregor Clegane,
- Trystane Martell , the second son of Doran Martell, died at the hands of Elia Sand’s daughters.
- Jeor Mormont – Lord Commander of the Night Guard, who was murdered by rebels in Craster Fortress.